Sunday, January 10, 2010

YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE. MONEY ISSUES? Your advice?

HOW DO YOU HAVE YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS. WHO TAKES CARE OF WHAT? HOW MANY FIGHTS A MONTH ABOUT MONEY. I'am trying to see if what i'm going thru is normal.YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE. MONEY ISSUES? Your advice?
We both direct-deposit into joint savings and checking accounts. I pay the bills from our checking account because I am more organized and responsible with money.





If he needs money, he lets me know that he took it from savings, or he asks for a check. It works very well for us, and money is one thing we have NEVER argued about.





I really feel that whoever is better at managing it should be the one in charge.YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE. MONEY ISSUES? Your advice?
Well better make a list of what you need and see how you can make a half and half contribution. Well that is too bad anyway. Otherwise the man should normally pay 2\3 of need while the woman does the rest. Well dear, the last thing you ever want to do with a partner is joint account, If you have already done so it is not impossible to reverse everything. I know men think money is blood It's almost everywhere.
Finances is one of the #1 reasons why relationships fail. I am old-fashioned. I believe the man is the head of the house and should be the bread winner. Wouldn't you know my Husband is not. :)...God's humor I guess? Anyway, my Husband and I get by....we aren't rich and depending on the weather we aren't poor. As stressful as it can be to not have a Husband who carries a stable job we have learned to deal with our situation in particular and it has led to me actually seeking out a 2nd job to make ends meet. My Husband has more of a lazy bone and that is what I have to deal with. I have a separate savings account from him however we don't have any savings to put into it and I wouldn't be opposed to adding his name to my account if we're ever in the area to do so (it's about 30 miles away from me) and we have a joint checking account that originally was just his and took about 2 years for my name to be added. There was no pressure to add my name though...our money was always together and bills always split evenly no matter who made what money. In our household we will stress out about money often but probably no more than once a month and it's a mutual acknowledgement that money is money and it's not something worth screaming about.
My husband works outside the home i run a daycare and take care of the home. We have 2 accts. one for personal and everyday needs and bills then we have the business acct for business needs only! we share money 100%. If i need something i get it and same with him. we are not rich or poor we just know not to go out and blow money. we buy necessity. say i want something that i dont need i just want we talk about it go over bills and then decide. and same with him. last time i checked we were married and everything is 50/50. its not his and her money its our money and we rarely fight over money we used to but that was before i realized i was blowing money on silly things. communication is a big key in any relationship!
I recently started staying home with our daughter, so we are down to one income. We have 2 accounts, a joint account for all the household expenses and my wife's personal account (in her name). We made a budget for household expenses and this amount is automatically deposited to our joint account. This way I always have the money when I need it.
We have 3 accounts:





1) is joint household account that we both contribute to 50/50 for mortgage etc





2) is his account for whatever he has leftover from his paycheck





3) my account is for the same reasons








We each pay for our own cell phone bills out of respective accounts and anything else we may want or need such as gas for the week -





He ';controls'; the joint and his own account





I learned early on to never mix money - there's always the off chance that one may take total control over the finances - this way there's no fighting over money
We use to have wars........I was married for 33 years, and he use to spend money like it was water.....the best advice I can give is separate checking accounts and the same with savings accounts, one joint account for the house or apartment. Yes we both worked made good money, but he would spend over 2g's a month on ebay crap.
start a budget, right now your all over the place and no one knows who's paying what and obviously he needs his spending money without asking like a little boy. some here had great advise, like the three bank accounts good luck. yes is very normal for couples to fight about money, until one takes control and does something about it.
Only have had 1 account. I handle the day to day payouts. I always make sure my hubby has money in his wallet....for eating, gas and samll purchases. Anything over about $50 has to be discussed. Never had any money issues. It's worked for us for over 40 years.
We each have our own bank accounts, and we have one joint account that we opened after we got married. My husband pays the majority of the bills but I help out and pay my share as well. It's a balancing act.
we never fight about money it would be more like spending time with 1 another
i pay the bills -as in writing them out and mailing them. i'm a SAHM but i babysit and i spend my $ on groceries.


we never fight about money. times got tight when my husbands job did multiple rounds of layoffs -he survived- and his hours got cut. i looked for a job and started getting things set up so the kids would be taken care of and then he told me it would be better to wait. so... things are tight but it was a mutual decision that i'm still home. so fighting about money would be ridiculous in our case.





now if you 2 are fighting about money.. i suggest writing out a budget. this much goes towards bills.. this much is left over.. and then decide together what to do with whats left over. but don't forget to add gas money and groceries and any other needs in the budget.


that should help you not fight but find a solution to the problem.





good luck :)








EDIT: ohh... yeah i get you there. i usually tell my husband i need money for this... that... and he eventually got sick of me asking and told me to just take it from his wallet. lol! -i do but i always tell him i did and why. he trusts me not to spend irresponsibly.





i think you need to talk to your husband about it. don't get mad. -i hate asking too but you can. it is okay. you take care of the house and the kids.. so it is okay. tell him you don't like asking but it would be nice if he could remember to give you the agreed upon amount every week so you can keep the house in working order. otherwise do what i do, ';honey we need _______'; everytime you need something. he might get sick of you asking and be more inclined to remember to just give you the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment