Sunday, January 10, 2010

Military Spouse in Need of Advice!?

My husband and I got married in December 2004, 4 months after he came back from Iraq. We dated for approximately 9 to 10 months prior, so I know what we did was a litle fast, we were both 20 years old and scared to death of what the world held for us together. Now at 22 he tells me he wants a divorce b/c I don't support his career enough and that its also because I'm too dependent on him, I am not legally able to drive...and he knew that before we got married! I can understand his frustration, I have told him a thousand times every time we've talked that I don't want it end our marriage, I want us to work this out, we having given each other space I've noticed the things that were bothering him and saw them much clearer. He's going back to Iraq in less than a month and I want this to continue as his wife, is that wrong?


I feel like when need to try counseling or something before he just throws us away , I also want to be at the hanger when he returns from Iraq.Military Spouse in Need of Advice!?
OK, i'm not sure why your not legally able to drive but he know from the start all about it and to me it seems that he just want to get out the marriage and is using that for an poor excuse! You two might want to see a counselor and the military have alot of things like that to help out your marriage.Military Spouse in Need of Advice!?
Do things to make it better for both of you. It is not wrong of you to want the marriage to work. Why can you not get your license? Try studying to take the test, get a friend to teach you to drive. Get a part time job or go to school. Take ROP classes if you can't get into college. He may be frustrated that you aren't bettering yourself. Be supportive of him. I know it is hard hours and hard to say goodbye at departing time but never stop telling him how much you love him and are proud of him for doing service. If none of this works go to marriage counseling, if that doesn't work let it go...he doesn't want it to work. Good luck,

No comments:

Post a Comment