Sunday, January 10, 2010

Would a marriage counselor ever give you advice to leave your spouse?

I am just wondering this because my wife and I are having problems and I want to fix things, but I am hoping that my wife doesn't decide to leave me from what the counselor says.Would a marriage counselor ever give you advice to leave your spouse?
Unless you are physically abusing her or mentally like with words and names, or cheating on her, no respectable counselor would tell someone to leave their spouse instead of working through the problems. I wish you the best. Hang in there.Would a marriage counselor ever give you advice to leave your spouse?
Go and **** the counseller.
If they felt that your marriage wasn't able to be fixed then yes I suppose they could.
A marriage counselor whom believes that issues may not be resolved may suggest that you no longer stay with your spouse. The counselor is not a miracle worker, they are there to look at the situation and help you figure out the best resolution for all parties. Sometimes the best thing is to separate.
they advocate working on the root of your problems and fixing each individuals ineffective coping and communication skills they are marriage not divorce counselors and it would look pretty bad for an individual if most of or any of his clients were encouraged to divorce
not if he is a good one
Thankfully when going through problems in my second marriage the Counsellor did recommend we separate.
What did the counselor say that makes you think they're advising your wife to leave you? How long have you been in counseling. Having worked in human services for 20+ years I can honestly say I never heard a good counselor suggest that to either spouse. I think I would seriously consider finding another counselor. You both need someone who's going to help you work through your problems and build a stronger marriage.





Check out AOL Hometown: http://hometown.aol.com/egeratylsw/ethic鈥?/a>


They have a lot of information and links here about professional ethics.





I pray you can get this figured out and, if need be, find a new counselor. God Bless!
no, but it depends on da situation.
Yes. It happened with me. They talked to my ex one time and all of my advisors gave me the same advice.
Unless you're physically or verbally abusive, I don't think a marriage counselor will advise divorce.
I wonder just why you are worried about what the counselor says. If you have treated your spouse well I don't think you would have anything to worry about. I think you know just what the problem is. If she is willing to try counseling I would suggest you go and listen. My husband walked out on counseling and our marriage is now over. If you truly hope to fix things you must be willing to accept responsibilities for your part of the problem and try to learn how to make things better.
I don't think they ever will. marriage counselors just like any other counselors are just there to comfort you so you don't go insane, or do something you will regret in the long run

No comments:

Post a Comment