Sunday, January 10, 2010

Did you listen to your parents' advice when choosing your spouse or?

did you just do it on your own?





Do you regret doing it on your own?





I talk to my parents ( especially mother) about marriage and I take her advice. I am single but I don't want to make a mistake. What about you?Did you listen to your parents' advice when choosing your spouse or?
Yes and no. As far as advice about life, my mom is a very wise woman. I ask about things sometimes, but really dislike hearing ';What you need to do ....';. I appreciate her advice, but have never appreciated being told what to do, or how to do it, unless I ask first.





As far as taking my mom's advice about choosing my spouse, well, THAT I did on my own. My mom told me to never date anyone I met in a bar .... and guess where I met him! We celebrate 23 yrs together next month.Did you listen to your parents' advice when choosing your spouse or?
My parents raised me to make wise decisions. Their 45-year relationship was also a good example of what to look for in a spouse.





I had no problem relying on my own wisdom and experience when I made the choice to marry my husband. He is an incredibly good, strong man and we have been happily married for seven years.





I would certainly not hesitate to ask my parents' insight in my choice of a mate.





If you want to be married for the duration, trust your instincts. You have a responsibility to yourself and your future children to choose wisely.
Actually


My husbands parents HATED me I was not German Mennonite (anabatist)(not horse and buggy) llike them and they thought that that was SOOOOO wrong so we were together two years and I was still not allowed on their propertie it wasnt till I got pregnant after 2 years that they accepted me we now have been together 10 years married 3 and have 4 BEAUTIFULL girlies and I have a GREAT relationship with his family (better then my own) SO I am VERY glad we stuck with it:)
My parents never gave me advice on choosing a spouse. I know they weren't particularly delighted with my choice, but they didn't make a big deal out of it. Now they like him.





I do wish I had had someone else's advice, or at least another perspective. I've had doubts off and on about whether I made the right choice, but I guess everybody does at times.
The thing is YES They can give you good advice HOWEVER some parents do not know when to back off out of their childrens adult lives. THIS IS YOUR CHOICE..not your mothers or fathers. If you love this person it is not up to mom to say who you should be with.





One mistake I see people doing in relationships is always running to mommy or daddy for advice OR to complain..your adult..act like it..mom raised you she did her job..NOW its YOUR job to be an adult and make YOUR OWN choices:)
No if i had listened to my parents i wouldn't be as happy as i am with my man. They hated him before they even met him and told me over and over not to go any further. They still aren't too big on him now but they aren't the ones who have to live with him either. Sure it makes the famiy situations a bit uncomfortable at points but I followed my heart and im grateful that I did
Yes, my mom was right about every one of my boyfriends and I had to learn the hard way. I also respect my dad's opinion because he was there and being a male, has experienced many things and has lots of wisdom and knowledge. I'm glad I listened to them concerning my hubby. I still take their advice.
Just make sure you have a guy that: works hard, doesn't smoke, no kids, has a car, can take care of himself, is respectful with manners and your parents shouldn't say anything.
LOL....sorry but trying to imagine taking advise from my mother....a woman that has been married at least 5 times....that I know of.....and has slept around on all her husbands.....I wouldn't take her advise on anything...even if she paid me to take her advise...
NO. My mother doesn't know the first thing about me or intimacy. She had a terrible marriage and doesn't have any respect for men because of it.
well heck if i would have listen to my parents advise i would be happy today! And yes I regret it more then anyone can imagine....
Listen to what everyone has to say,but decide what you want.
Nope, i did not listen and I really wished I had! Please don't jump into anything and weigh all of your options!
I NEVER listened to my folks OR anyone.....





made my own bed, now Im lying in it.
I listened but didn't HEAR and now 24 years later here I am...left to scratch my head.
good for you. i think more men should involve their mothers. then we wouldn't have so many MIL issues on yahoo...LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment