Friday, January 15, 2010

How to cope when your spouse wants to leave you? Need advice?

I love my husband of 10 years. Yesterday he told me he was moving out at the end of the month. He is severely depressed and just went through a serioous illness but is recovering. He also has family problems which are burdening his mind


(his mom). He never talks to me or makes eye contact and is so withdrawn. He refuses to see a councelor or get on antidepressants. I have always been a textbook wife so I dont understand the harsh treatment towards me. Has anyone ever been abandoned by their spouse when you still wanted to work on the marriage? how did you cope...these are some rough times coming up for me, I have anxiety problems and am afraid to be alone...thanks for any help.How to cope when your spouse wants to leave you? Need advice?
Allow him the right for him to choose what is right for him.


Also realise that you cannot change another you can only change yourself.





Start working on changing yourself, to live without him. Write down your dreams, and cross out all but one, then go after it.


Look at the exciting side of this, you have a new opportunity to start your life over. What have you always wanted to do?





You will be much happier when you change your thinking. When you change your thinking you change your life, not HIS life, YOUR life. You have your whole life ahead of you and NOW you can do whatever you want with it.





Sadly, he has to work this out on his own, and he has chosen that part of his new life is not having you in it. You will both be better off when you part.How to cope when your spouse wants to leave you? Need advice?
I know what your going through, I'm having the exact same problem with my husband of a year. All I can advise is to seek counseling for yourself ( I have) . It really does help to talk to someone. I still love him and want our marriage to work, but sadly if he doesn't want to see a marriage counselor or even try to seek any help for himself, then its time to move on. You can truly love someone but know it isn't healthy to be in a relationship like this. Take care.
I am going thru something similar, my husband has on off again on again relationship with his mother that lives over 9oo miles away! they had not spoken in years and recently began talking and all was well between us, then they got into an argument and they have not spoken in 2 months, now he is treating me like crap like if it's my fault! He has told me lots of times he was moving out and so forth but has never done it, I just live one day at a time, if he leaves, I still have to continue living!
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this and I'll offer the advice that I was unable to listen to...





Seriously, just walk away and don't look back.





I know it's tough but you cannot make someone love you and forcing the issue or trying to stay together is only going to harm things.
you know what you should just let him go even though it will be so difficult. he probably wants to explore some things different but he will come back to you. this might be a blessing in disguise because when he comes back it will truly be only for you. see what happens and take the chance. you'll find out in the long run that its going to be you he really wants. give him the freedom to hang himself.
this is very hard..I know as I am currently going through it myself!!! Its been a little over a year and i would love to tell you that it gets better...but it doesn't!! You do need to try though (and it will be hard) to focus on yourself!!! There is nothing that you can do to change his mind or his heart and if he truly loves you then he will be back...but if not then you deserve to be surrounded by people who do and it's his loss. Please if you wanna talk sometime send me a message!!
I think you probably have done all that you could. If what you said is correct, he's making a big mistake. Eventually He'll realize the error of his ways. But by that time you will be long gone.
I think you should seek counseling for yourself, he needs to solve his issues before you can work on your marriage.
he needs you don't let him go by the way why he wants to move why is there a problem with you ? take care

No comments:

Post a Comment