Sunday, January 10, 2010

Does anyone have any advice for me, my spouse is highly addicted to the online game warcraft?

i have know that happen to like 5 people and they never got off it! burn it! burn it right now! cut off internet service! his addiction will only get worse! no sex for 10 years!Does anyone have any advice for me, my spouse is highly addicted to the online game warcraft?
Several reports have documented that video game addiction is a real illness, and although I question that personally, the truth is addictions are essentially quelled on a daily decision to just not do it by the affected person. You may wish to vocalize your concern if you haven't, as loved ones in silence are enablers in their own right. State the facts to the person in question, and remember that everyone has different definitions for what they see as an ';addict';. If it's an all comsuming thing that is destroying one financially or takes up ones entire day, that would be it, and yes help should be sought. Professional help is always an option as well. I hoped this has been of some use to you.Does anyone have any advice for me, my spouse is highly addicted to the online game warcraft?
People have even died from being addicted to this game so throw it out the next chance you get!!!!!
No need to get rid of the game entirely, moderation is key here. As posted above do other activities with him, etc. But if you cut him off cold turkey, it will most likely make it worse, and he will probably crave it.
Personally, I am also a gamer and I understand what it feels like to NEED to play a game. Fortunately for me, I was able to stop playing so the best course of action for you to do is cut off the game. You could also try to weed your spouse off it by trying to get them to do other activities with you. But still, you must try to get your spouse off of the game. Hope this helps.
I know many and many people that are addicted to world of warcraft and are suffering like your spouse. The game will be addictive until there is nothing else to do on the game. Such as he has hit max lvl of all skills and main combat. If you really desperatley want him to stop then ask him to see an expert to give you further advice. Or try doing it yourself by uninstalling the game and cancelling his subscriptions, but i doubt he will like you doing that. Tell him that if he continues to play games then later in the future his going to have no life and he wasted pressure time when he could be taking you out on holidays and so on. The people i know have stopped playing by stopping them selves by disconnecting and unsubcribint the internet and their subcription with the game and uninstalling it from their computer. So this is my opinion.





Good Luck hope all goes well.
I have a friend that lost his job, almost lost his fam over these games...keyboard can dissapear!! They are very addicting, especially if they have no other outlet.....
I was an addict with 7 level 70 characters at one times but my recovery started with my cousin intervening. While I was getting something to eat he got on my character(who was just afk) started something up with a GM (he said someone ninja'ed an purple item in a party and he wanted it back) then when the GM said ';no'; he flamed him with wall of profanity and the next thing I know when I got back my account was closed. OOO YES I WAS PISSED in the beginning and tried to get my account back but Blizzard said no. However the stoppage opened me to my friends to talking to me to going to all the the autumn fairs(Grapefest(a wine festival), Jazzfest and the Texas state Fair). I found a life again and truth be told I did start up playing WOW again 5 months later but it didn't have the hold factor it once had and I just felt a huge amount of exhaustion just to mess with it.





So the theme of my suggestion is find a way to force him off the game, reintroduce him to friends and actual living activities again and hopefully he desire to play will die like mine did.

No comments:

Post a Comment