Sunday, January 10, 2010

Petition spouse...- Need your advice...?




I went to the U.S when I was 2 years old under a tourist visa


However my mother lost my passport.


Now I have overstayed I am now 20 years old


I recently went back to my country so that I can fix it the right way


My husband who is an American Citizen is petitioning me.


Would there be any problems?


Also I worked illegal for about 10 months.


I didnt know I was already staying in the U.S illegaly


3 days ago - 3 hours left to answer. Petition spouse...- Need your advice...?
Why you came back to your country? you could stay if your husband is American and take care of things while you are there.





So now when your are in your country, once you husband files a green-card application for you, you will get your green-card about 6 months after that and you could enter the US without any problem.


Getting married is the red carpet of immigration to the USA, there will not be problems at all.Petition spouse...- Need your advice...?
Like someone said earlier, Why did you go back! that was the worst thing you could have done!


You would have been able to adjust in-country if you had stayed. Now that you left you will have to file the I-601 waiver which takes closer to a year to get an interview, and even then it is not guaranteed that it will be approved.





FYI, passport would have been good to have, but when you came into the country you would have had to get an I-94, which even if you lost, the gov't keeps record of this, and you could have applied for a replacement.





Illegal presence doesn't start counting against you until your 18th birthday. so you spent 2 years in the country illegally, +worked illegally, I bet you'll get stuck with a 3+ year ban once you try to re-enter.





USCIS doesn't care if you 'didn't know' you were illegal. Which is kind of hard to believe considering, a lack of SSN, probably ID.





I think it will be a long road for you, I would like to think not, but it really doesn't look too good. Do some research on I-601
If he is a citizen, the process goes by pretty fast.
Since you are married to a US citizen, you assume his status as well. Apply for a greencard and you will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment