Friday, January 15, 2010

Can you give me some advice on how to deal with low self esteem during a divorce after having abusive spouse?

I have been in a 5 yr marriage to an verbally and physically abusive man that manipulated me by being kind half the time and then being cruel and neglectful the other half.He has called me every dirty name in the book,slu*twh**,fat***,he told me im worthless every day for 5 yrs,he took away my right to money,friends,isolated me from anyone that could help me.now I have anxiety and post trauma and depression as well as many health probs..and a slipped disc in my back because he pushed me...Can you give me some advice on how to deal with low self esteem during a divorce after having abusive spouse?
Number one you're on the right track, you're getting rid of the jerk. If you are having anxiety attacks by all means see a doctor for help with that one but on your own, keep telling yourself ';I am somebody special because I'm good, kind and getting rid of a huge cancerous burden. I can go where I want and do what I want from now on.';





Now, repeat after me';I am somebody special because I'm good, kind and getting rid of a huge cancerous burden. I can go where I want and do what I want from now on.';


And, don't your forget it.Can you give me some advice on how to deal with low self esteem during a divorce after having abusive spouse?
Therapy will help you work through these issues. You have been through way too much to deal with this on your own.
What happen with you is happen with me too now.We are same,married with wrong person.But I have 4yrs old son which I must protect from this man.Be strong and it will be over.No one can make you low,just stupid,idiot,jerk and dont have humanity brain man do this.You are important than him.


Be busy with your hobby and spend your time with friends/family.
Oh Honey I feel so bad for you-remember everyday how strong you are for leaving that situation! Tell yourself every day that you are a great person and didn't deserve that situation--try to get some short term counseling for you PTSD and anxiety-Good luck to you!This will pass.
girl it sounds like we lived the same life


ive been away from mine over 4 years now


you go girl...but it wont be easy on your own


I'm SERIOUS...go talk to someone professional


thats what i had to do after years of denial


hes the piece of crap for doing what he did to you


YOU GO GIRL....%26amp; dont ever go back there


you can IM me or email if ya want...we gotta lot in common
I never could understand why a man hits a woman with no reason. Don't take this as me patronizing you but; if you would've put your foot in his a** the first time he did that you wouldn't hurt as much. I'm going to assume he is a very scary person when angry. I know that what he did was irrepairable, but you have to forgive him and move on with your life. Not for him, but for yourself.





Think about this for a second, he talked down to you, hit you and pushed you down a set of stairs, causing you to slip a disc in your back........and you're still here. You've already taken his worst shot and yet God's grace and mercy has allowed you to see another day. In my book you laughed last, trust me he's going to answer for what he did to you, but it's time for you to give your problems to God and let him take control. It might not seem like what he's doing for you is a lot, understand that his job with you isn't done yet.





I know that you don't trust men too much, but just know that there are MEN out there that only want to love you for who you are. My best advice to you is: whenever you decide to date again don't make the next great guy come along and pay for the mistakes of your ex-husband.
Get over your panic attacks and go take some exercise classes (kickboxing is great) to help reshape your body, new body you're going to get compliments on, strength and endurance will also help your self esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment