Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ok, if your spouse is out of work and he hasnt job interviewed in years so he asks you for advice and hints to?

do good at an interview....what would you say? what are some good rules? what are some questions to expect? what gets you hired?


How do you dress? etcOk, if your spouse is out of work and he hasnt job interviewed in years so he asks you for advice and hints to?
Robert Mallory wrote a best selling book called, Dress for Success. It has a lot of valuable information. And I found his advise to be very good. I worked as a business consultant for 30+ years - always having to go meet people. How you dress (the color) causes people to react to you in certain ways - many times, they do not realize they are even doing it. If money is tight, go to the public library and look for a copy.





Second, to get ready for the interview - I would write about 10 questions I thought they would ask me. And I would practice answering those questions - by talking out loud to myself (in front of a mirror). I preferred that the 1st interview be for a job that I didn't really want. To me, it was just a practice interview.





As soon as that interview was over, i would go back to my car and write down the questions they asked ma and ad them to my list of practice interview questions.





I would also make sure I got to the interview early. If noting else, I would get there 30 minutes early (due to traffic problem, trying to find a parking space, etc). so I could walk into the interview while CALM..





Don't sweat (easier said than done). And have a firm, but not overly strong handshake.





If you have a camera - film the practice interview. He might notice some body language that he is using that could be improved or avoided.





When I got out of college in 1972, it took over a year to get a job. The more I was turned down, the more depressed I got. But finally, just about when I had completely given up - I was hired.





How to dress will depend in part ofn what the job is for. Someone going into McDonalds in a business suit isn't a good match. But he can seldom go wrong with a white long sleeve shirt, and a dark blue tie. Probably best with a black belt and black shoes. Dark blue pants - but not black pants. Blue projects a business image - black pants/suits reminds people of funerals and people who do not have money. If you don't have dark blue, try a dark gray suit. If a dark gray suit, maybe a maroon tie with a matching belt. If you don'thave these thing, and you can afford to buy some of them - go with your husband to but them. But be carefukl, Mallory wrote that having a wife or GF pick out your clothes was great if you were looking for your next wife or GF. There is a difference between business clothes and casual clothes. For casual, he should listen to your advice.Ok, if your spouse is out of work and he hasnt job interviewed in years so he asks you for advice and hints to?
I would research the company that he is being interviewed for. Know exactly what position he is applying for and exactly as best as you can, the duties that go with it. Make sure you are qualified for the job and have the applicable licenses, trained required by the job. No sense in wasting his and the interviewers time. Dress according to job type. example: office job might wear suit and die, not blue jeans and tshirt. construction would be just the opposite. you know what i mean. some questions:





1. why do you want this job


2. what qualifies you for this job


3. tell me about yourself


4. what is the best characteristic about yourself


5. How do you get along with supervisors


be open and ask any questions you have about the job and it's duties. DO NOT ask so when do we get breaks, is it a half hour lunch, or an hour.





a confident, knowledgeable person will be the one who gets hired.
Well, I will been in this situation next year because I am about to retire from the military. I am going to say the most important thing to do is tell the truth and be sure of yourself. Go, in with a positive attitude. Make sure you make direct eye contact. This is very important. Keep your answer short and sweet but most important to the point. As for you dress code I would say it depends on the type of job, however always use this basic principle, a pair of slacks, nice dress shirt and tie with a nice pair of dress never fails. Good luck.
I will give you a hint of something that worked for my wife. She is very smart with several degrees, but could not seem to get pass the interview process. So we sit up a camera and recorded her during a fake interview. After watching her, she saw that she was fidgety and talked to much, over answering the questions. With some practice, she was able to land a very good job. So give it a try you may be surprised at how he comes off at the interview. Good luck.
A lot of what you need to know depends on what kind of work he is looking for. If its in an office environment he should wear a tie, if he's interviewing at Walmart the dress code is less severe. Update his resume. And tell him to be honest and straight forward with his answers, don't fidget, and don't put his old job or old bosses down. Be confident.
Hasn't had any job? You got to be joking! Not even part time? How do you survive? Tell him to get off his lazy good for nothing **** and do anything to get the money rolling in or boot him out of your life. Are you stupid?
http://www.careercc.com/interv3.shtml





there are tons of resources on the internet...type in your search bar: interview tips or job interview tips

No comments:

Post a Comment