Friday, January 15, 2010

Want to move to Ireland from the US with a spouse. Need advice/real-world stories.?

My boyfriend (of 8 years) has recieved a job offer from a Hospital near Dublin. He wants to go, but we are having a hard time making the decision.





Our major concern is getting me there. We decided the best thing would be to get married before he goes and then for me to apply for a ';Visa for the purposes of family reunification';.





But, I've read different restrictions about him needing to have worked there for at least a year, or be able to provide three consecutive paychecks with my application to prove that he can support me. Both of these options would take too long.





I don't want to go through the hassle of selling our house/car/belongings and the family drama with moving there, if it takes me 8 months to get there (2-passport, 4-get paycheck proof, 2-visa). Especially if he's only there for 2 years.





Has anyone here went through this already?...if so, can you tell me about your experience with the process and about how long it took for the spouse to actually get there?Want to move to Ireland from the US with a spouse. Need advice/real-world stories.?
Do you intend to work in Ireland while you are there? Because that changes things. If you only want to live there it will be easier. Your best bet is to contact your local Irish Consolate in the US or the Embassy in Washington, D.C. and you will be given exact info there. No matter how many people give you their opinions, this is where you'll end up going in the end.


Often pay check proof can be done by a copy of a contract which will show his salary.

No comments:

Post a Comment