Sunday, January 10, 2010

NEED ADVICE FROM A MILITARY SPOUSE (men and women)?

My fiance' is in the Marine Corp and has been gone for about 18 months, he was originally stationed in Okinawa but has been deployed other places while being there, and currently he is in Afghanistan for a few months.





During this deployement my fiance' has broken almost every promise he has made to me, he has let me down and disappointed me at every turn. There have been things that I needed him to do for me that he promised he would do....then never does. There have even been times when he has said he sent me a package....but it never reaches me (it ALWAYS gets lost in military mail). I went to Japan to visit him and bought my family souvineers and he was supposed to ship them (they wouldnt fit in my luggage) but its been 8 weeks and my family has not received them. I believe he never sent them. This is not the only incident. There have been times when he would say he sent me a gift and I would never get. He sells dreams. He uses the military as an excuse for why he cant come through on ANYTHING. Whenever I need him....he is not there 4 me. I know he is busy and being with a soldier is not a ';typical'; realtionship....but come on....if 1+1 doesnt equal 2 on a consistent basis....you have to wonder.





I dont suspect that there is another woman or anything (I have my reasons)....I have even gone as far as asking him if he still wants the relationship, if he didnt I'd be hurt...but I would rather know the truth. He swears he does and swear and promises to make things right, and to make it up to me. But at this point I dont believe much of what he says and I feel emotionally drained by the whole situation.





Even with all the let downs I still support him fully (letters, cards, care packages) ......but my sadness and disappointment is turning to ANGER and I feel like I dont want to continue doing things for him because he is taking me for granted.





He is making plans for us for when he comes home. But I have decided to go back to school because I felt like I couldnt continue to put my life on hold for somebody so unreliable. I want to give things a fair chance when he gets back (in 7 MONTHS!)....But I cant go on feeling like this. YES I have told him how I feel. But if you are seperated from somebody it is very difficult to actually resolve a problem with them.





I feel left behind, alone, unsupported, taken advantage of and let down. Anybody who has experienced this on a deployment PLEASE HELP.





ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.NEED ADVICE FROM A MILITARY SPOUSE (men and women)?
First of all thanks to your fiance for serving our country keeping us safe and free.





But, girlfriend drop that loser you are right he sells dreams and you need to stop buying them. Get somebody serious who will be consistent love you and do what he says he will do. To make promises and consistently fall short of keeping those promises is a sign of a character flaw that does not change. Take it from a military retiree Ive' seen these types of GIs in my 20+ years in the military.NEED ADVICE FROM A MILITARY SPOUSE (men and women)?
I am married to a soldier also, and went through the same thing, i know how it is to live off your spouses promises while he does what he wants, i learned in my experience, that they are a type knit family, i wasn't getting my time because somebody else was. i didn't come to that conclusion, it came overtime, the first time i waited for her to come back from deployement was a bad experience, but i loved her and stayed with her, the next time she went on deployment, i knew what to do, do me. its not easy at all, i finally had the balls to end it, but trust me, it took a long time to recover from her deviousness, i am currently doing fine, and would never date anybody else who will be away from me for a period time and leave me with my heart in my hand. Being down and out is an option. some good advice, weigh them next time, to find out which one is more abundant to you.
I am not in the demographic you wanted to answer your question, but you have to remain cognizant of the fact that regardless of a person's profession, their true character will always show. Check this guy's character and don't excuse his shortcomings because of what he does for a living.
he is lying, we were military for 10 years and he's been working overseas for an additional 5 years, every single package gets through, your b.f. is a liar who sells the stuff or gives the stuff away to women,


for sex plus gives them money, drop this 2 timing loser. please do not send any more care pkgs! isnt it awful strange he always recieves yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment