Friday, January 15, 2010

Help! My ex-spouse is moving with my daughter! Any Advice?

My ex-wife has been dating a man from another state and is possibly getting married soon. We have shared parenting of our 7 year old daughter and are both custodial parents. I have my daughter at least 50% of the time, alternating every 2-3 days depending on my work schedule. My ex and I still communicate for my daughters' sake. I asked her where her new man lives and she said the location was about an hour travel time away from my daughters' school and me. I live 1/2 a mile from the school. I told my ex-wife I didn't want to move our daughter out of her school district. She said if they do end up getting married, she said would commute her to and from her current school. I then said again I don't want her leaving the school district. This would cause more trouble in my daughter's schedule. I live the closest to my daughters' family and friends on both sides of her family than my ex would. What rights do I have as her father? This would cause more travel time for myself also.Help! My ex-spouse is moving with my daughter! Any Advice?
Honestly,,,she has a right to move on and live her life...





I dont think there is anything you can do...The good thing is that it is only 1 hour away...that is not far at all, maybe you can still see your daughter as you always have.





dont cause problems for your daughters sake...you will only wind up in bad terms with her mother and make this worse for your baby girl.





keep peace betweetn you, maybe you could make up the weekdays for full weekends or something..





Good luckHelp! My ex-spouse is moving with my daughter! Any Advice?
How selfish for the mother to put her love life above the best interest of her child. You should seek the advice of a family law attorney. Maybe you can get full custody and keep her in school.
In most states she can not move out if state with out your permission. Take her back to court immediately! Once she gets to Kentucky, she will be under their laws. And in most states, you will be the outsider! Because you live in another state! Call your lawyer first thing tomorrow! Or you will regret it. Fathers always get the shot end of the stick. Strike first. Call the lawyer! Do not rely on this forum for legal advise! Call your lawyer! He knows the law in your state!
Let them go. When your daughter grows up she will visit you.
She will have to get permission from the court to move the kid.


Advise the court and get a restraining order...
sure you have rights, but I think you and your ex should sit down and talk and see how can you arrange something that is for the best interest of your daughter, is not about what you or your ex wants, is all about your daughter's stability, emotionaly and mentally. Try to get into an agreement with your ex, and if this doesn't work, I guess you can fight for custody, but think about it very well....you don't want to cause any trauma to your little girl. Good Luck.
Your wife has every right to move her as well as her daughter to where she will be living when she is married. I suggest you go back to court and have the visitation/custody rescheduled to a 6 months deal. My father and his ex wife did that when both of them had 50/50 custody of my step sisters and it worked very well. For 6 months they lived with us and for 6 months they lived with their mother and her new husband.
Go to the clerk office in your city's support court some courts will even have info booth. If not legal aid.


And if you have a lawyer ask him. It depends on the custody arrangements and the laws of your state.





Good luck. Do it as soon as possible so you can be proactive. And don't involve your kids, never put the kids in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment